Friday, October 7, 2011

Ironman Training Day 6: Day late and a dollar short

Yeah, I should have posted this yesterday. I suspect this won't be the last time I'm late!

Another run/walk day. R3W2x10. (Run 3, walk 2, 10 sets). I'm really liking the run/walk strategy as a means of getting back into run shape without overly stressing my knee. I also feel like I run faster on each run segment because I give the run muscles a break during the walks (as opposed to slogging along on a constant, slow run without any breaks). I'm thinking about getting myself a GPS watch so that I can more accurately record the distances I'm going, and to track my progress on building speed.

I'm currently running the Brooks Ghost. They are very comfortable, and have plenty of room in the forefoot for my extra-wide flippers (er, feet.). I also have a pair of Saucony Kinvara shoes (minimalist) that I wear when I want to feel fast. They weigh nothing!


Brooks Ghost


Saucony Kinvara

No comments:

Post a Comment