Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Coffeeneuring #4 10-27-2012

Asta invited me and several girlfriends to hang out and work on craft projects.   The destination?  Townshend's Tea on Alberta in NE Portland.  Seeing an opportunity to use this as a coffeneuring destination (utilizing the tea and hot cocoa interpretation of coffee) I packed up my craft project into my panniers and set out on my ride.   I decided to take the long way, up Springville Road to Skyline, then along Skyline to Thompson before dropping down into town, giving me nearly 1800 feet of gain between home, Asta's house & the teahouse.

I met Asta at her apt, then we headed over to Townshend's where we met three of her other friends.  We ordered tea and snacks (A lovely mug of chai and a vegan lentil pot pie for me, bubble tea for Asta) and then headed for the basement where we took up residence on some corner couches.

I worked on an origami project, Asta sewed up a wallet from an old bike tube, Jen knit, Montana worked on a collage, etc.   Somehow we wiled away FIVE HOURS gabbing and working on our crafts.


Asta's bubble tea, my chai, and vegan let pot pie!

Asta plays with her tapioca balls...
After 5 hours, we were hungry again, so Asta & I went across the street to Pine State Biscuits.  Most excellent.   Finally, it was time for me to ride off into the pouring rain and get home.   Total r/t distance for the day was 28.2 miles including the 24.9 miles from my house to the tea shop and then to the MAX, followed by the 3.2 mile ride home from the train.

It was a lovely way to spend a rainy Portland afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment