Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ironman Training Day 20: The Zombie Apocalypse

I like Fun Runs. Give me a theme (New Years Eve run, the Muddy Buddy, the Shamrock Run, etc.) and I'm happy to don a costume and go get sweaty with a bunch of other like-minded, fun-loving athletes. (Though I draw the line at Underpants Runs and the World Naked Bike Ride. There's some things the world just doesn't need to see.)

So, when Cecil sent me an email with the subject line "re: Zombies!!", my curiosity was piqued. It didn't take much to persuade me, as well as our partners in crime Lynne and Jill, to sign up for the Zombie Apocalypse 5K Run.

The only question was: Zombie or Survivor? Just like running from a grizzly bear, I figure I don't need to be the fastest runner to survive and escape from the Zombies. I just need to be not amongst the slowest! And really, the only Zombies I care about being faster than are Lynne & Cecil, so with a 2 minute headstart, Survivor it is!

I'll let you know if I survive the onslaught.

++Click here to see The Oatmeal's take on the Zombie Apocalypse. Warning: link is not work-friendly or for those with delicate sensibilities. But then again, zombies are neither delicate nor sensible...++




-------------------

Had a great run this morning. 4.4 miles in 46 minutes, with just 2 minutes of walking. Knee started talking to me at mile 3. Must take care not to do too much too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment